Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Gatlinburg Ornament

Here is my favorite ornament so far. I made this to commemorate the summer vacation my family took together. We all went camping in Gatlingburg. We did alot of sightseeing, searching for bears, turns out deer are alot easier to find. But we finally saw one. If you recognize these images they are from my Brother in law's birthday card you can see below. I hope he likes it I just mailed it Monday (his birthday is Friday).
I stamped the bear and marshmallow on one piece of acetate, the trees and fire on another. I colored them with sharpies on the oposite side of the stamped image. I painted white acrylic paint over the back of each image to make the colors stand out and eliminate the transparent issue. The background is done with embossing powder on the back of the tree acetate.
I hope you like them mom and dad and Carla and family!

No comments: