Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Can you believe it's one week to Turkey day?!

Time goes by so fast these days. I really wish I could win the lottery and not have to work so I would have more time for fun and laziness. LOL Steve surprised the tears out of me the other night. We were out at the mall just walking our dinner off and I had seen this pendant a while back and mentioned I would love to have it in memorial for Tigger. I got her on Labor Day and she died around Labor Day 20 years later and the September stone is a Saphire. I just fell in love with this necklace and talked about it often. Well this night I said let's go visit it and see if it's still there. It was and when the lady pulled it out of the case for me to admire he told her to ring it up. "WHAT!!!???" I said and started to cry. He just smiled and hugged me then had to explain to the saleswoman why I was crying. So out came the photo ( I have a small brag book I always have in my purse) and we talked about Tigger while she rang up my gorgeous early Christmas gift. Don't I have a super sweet hubby?! I zoomed a little too much. The collar has 3 small diamonds and the back of the stone is enclosed in silver with a small flower punched out of it. The detailing is just wonderful and it makes me very happy. (big grin) The following cards are from our recent stamp class. Sorry for the funky color. I forgot my real camera and had to use my phone. I tried my hardest to get close to real color.
This card is SU's really rust. The Sunflower is saffron with a chocolate chip center. Thankful Thoughts is stamped at the bottom in Burgundy.
The photo above is a card one of the ladies did. I loved the purple with the real red and below is our sample we created. They were able to choose from the three stamps in the set. It's a fun stamp set. I love that Christmas DP. So many gorgeous choices in that set of paper.
That's a shadow of my fat head LOL. This card is so super simple and so super elegant. Barbara came up with this one. It's a white card base, strip of mustard with stars stamped on it in mustard ink. The edges are lightly sponged with mustard. The star is stamped on white then punched out with the large star punch (so cool) and the button added.
This one is neat too. It's garden green and chocolate chip. Love that pumpkin set, it's the one with the faces and the tall pumpkin. (The set is at Barbara's and can't think of the name)
I really want to get back to stamping daily or almost daily. It just seems once I get home from work and eat dinner I just want to lay around and fall asleep early. Boring thing aren't I?
Hugs to all and wish you a great Turkey day!!

No comments: