Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Emily Grace is here!!

Born on 9-9-09 at 9:45 pm. She weighed 6 pounds 2 ounces and is 19 inches long. She is perfect and sweet. Look how calm she is right after birth.
Proud Daddy showing her off.
This was taken on Thursday.
I had a really rough time the last few weeks. I thought I had the flu and ended up with having pneumonia. I was transported to the ER via ambulance on Monday night (Labor Day) and diagnosed there with the pneumonia. I spent the next several days in a fog of pain killers and antibiotics. They assured us that the baby is fine with all the medication because she was so close to term. On Weds. my doctors discovered I had pre-eclampsia and we were told we were having a baby that day. They began enducing me and by the time I was 4 cm and had my epidural my liver was shutting down and they had to race me into the OR and to an emergency C-section. It was really scary but I was glad it was taken care of so fast. She was out and in Daddy's arms safe and sound.
Look at that beautiful face. Her skin is clear, she is alert and calm. She is such a good baby. She eats and sleeps and squeaks and squeals. I can't believe she is ours! We are truely blessed.
Sleeping Beauty!!This cracks me up. She is so small that newborn clothes are really big on her, but has big feet and hands, even with the big (looking) feet and hands those socks on her feet swallow them. If she kicks her leg hard enough they go flying off.
So on to our new adventure with Emily Grace Franklin!

1 comment:

Lori Barnett said...

You had a baby?!! Congrats!!!! She is adorable! Do you remember me and my daughter Michaela? The Glass Ornament with the Bear? How could you forget...right ;) LOL. I found your blog link on SCS under your profile. HOW TOTALLY FUN to find your blog! Please email me...I want to ask you something. loribarnett@cox.net