Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Cooking with Cricut Design Team Challenge

I finally got a submission made for the Cooking with Cricut design team. I just love this step style card, it's a pop-up turned inside out! So much fun. I might have gone a little overboard but can you ever have too much candy?

The theme was not so spooky halloween. I love the decorations that are cute and fall. Forget the demonic scary stuff! NO THANK YOU! So using my super fun Doodle Charms Cricut cartridge, I went to cutting town. I cut my cute little pumpkins and added some chalk for dimension and stitch marks. They just had to have google eyes, they make everything better.

I have had this stamp forever! It's a Close to My Heart from the wood mounted days. I colored it with my copics and added some crystals randomly all over the card. The apples were chalked and I added white reflection marks with my gel pen to the candy.
I actually mailed this one! Alot of times I work so long and hard on something it gets filed away for my own collection. This time I am proud of myself for two reasons, getting it done in one afternoon and mailing it to my nephew who is going through training to be a Border Patrol agent.
Thanks for looking, I hope you enjoy it!

8 comments:

Melinda Beltran said...

WOW what a "SWEET" card you have created! It just looks like I could take a piece of candy right off and munch it up!!! Thank you for a fabulous creation!

BrandiLynn said...

now thats a lotta work and so worth it :)

Dalis (stampergirl) said...

I love step cards... just love them!!!!
-- dalis

GabyCreates.com said...

What a super cute step card! so colorful and playful....
and like BrandiLynn said, a lot of work, but worth it!!
Gaby CWCDT
gabycreates.com

Madison said...

Step cards are fun and you ROCKED this one. Love all the candy:) Not a bit scary, just so cute:)
~Madison (CWCDT)

Becky G said...

This is just too cute for words! I've never done a step card. i think I'm gonna have to try after seeing yours! It's fantastic!!!

~Becky~

Jenna said...

I love the stamp! I'll have to try the step card too!

Tammara said...

Love your card! Doodlecharms is one of my favorites carts of all time. I have yet to make a step card and hope to one of these days. Thanks for the inspiration!