Monday, June 3, 2013

Let's go surfing now



I used a technique I call spot lighting.  I started by punching 3 circles from each of 3 different papers I chose for my background.  I then used one of the negative spaces as a stencil for my printed digital image.

 See?  How fun is that?  I used 3 spot lights, using colored pencils and mineral spirits to blend the colors.
 Tada!!!! How awesome is this card?  I LOVE it so much and HOW CAUTE! is that image?
 I used some crystal effects and added a few sea shells and some blue sand.  I covered the water area with the sand.
 Here's another shot, I love it so much, did I mention that?  I added a fabric covered button from Pinque Peacock to embellish my "sun"
 Inside I added a  fun sentiment

Thanks so much for stopping by, have fun with the new images :)

I adding this card to the 

7 comments:

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Complete cuteness!
This card has it all.
FUN, bright, happy and unique.
LOVE the spotlights and the sand on the waves. Bring on SUMMER!!!

HUGS,
Heather

Nana said...

What a cute and fun card.
Thanks for linking up over at 2 Creative Chicks

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great project. I love all the colors and everything.
From the 2 Creative Chicks:)
Tabitha
Tabitha's Designs Blog
Low priced fun Digi Papers and stamps:)
New Challenge Blog on the Block:)

Migdalia said...

Totally Cute!!
Thank you for playing at 2 Creative Chicks Challenges.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Annie's Paper Boutique | Trendy Twine said...

Very cute card, Marji. Love how you used the Grape Fizz and Tickled with Teal twines, too.

Lesley @ Trendy Twine

Kathy Salido said...

Great card Marji, I love the technique!! Thank you for joining the challenge at 2 Creative Chicks.

Kathy
http://3spoileddogs.blogspot.com/

Decosse's Dynamite Doodles said...

Adding the spotlights was a really neat idea. Another job well done. Love the little shell in the bottom too.