Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Eureka Challenge~use string or twine



digi16301 Nutty Squirrel
digi16301 Nutty Squirrel

Today's challenge is to use string or twine.  My card is really simple but it took me a while to make so I don't feel so bad keeping it simple.


 I seem to not be able to make much with out using my Cameo these days.  I used the program to cut the image apart (it probably would have been quicker to cut by hand but not nearly as precise)
SO, I used ink pads and sponges to color the squirrel for that mottled look, I used pencils for the nuts.
As you can see above when putting him all back together I used some pop up foam tape in certain areas.
A little pink on his cheeks and some white gel pen on his teeth, and I think he's pretty darn cute!
I used kraft and lime green twine in a simple knot.
So, will you join us this week for the challenge?  It's  a pretty simple one.  If you need a new image or several to play with click this guy up above and head to the shop.

1 comment:

Zella said...

Hmmm, your card makes me want to go out and buy a cutter! Love the effect of the little guy cut and layered....very cool!!!