Monday, September 22, 2014

Eureka~vintage or distressed challenge



digi22801 Stained Glass Angel
digi22801 Stained Glass Angel

I took step by step photos for you this week, I started with colored pencils and colored the image, as you can see, a little messy, The reason for that was to keep the colors aged looking and hoping to give the look of highlights in glass.
 I then used my Gamsol to blend using a paper stump, I used a lot of liquid and blended in circles.
After it was dry I used my glitter gel pen to outline the angel.  Here you can see how you can't even see the "scribbles" anymore.
 I then used my TH distress paint in "Rock Candy" to paint a heavy coat on the image.
 After it dried I used my TH ink to add some light browns and olive green colors all over the image.

I then added a pretty bow using my 3 Girl Jam ribbons.
Now it's your turn, click the badge at the top to head over to the blog and see what the rest of the team has made.  If you want this image for yourself then click on the photo at the top of the post and go shop.


1 comment:

Peggy T. said...

Very lovely card, Marji. Love that angel. What a fabulous technique.