Monday, July 20, 2015

Christmas ornament


digi16804 Christmas Carosel
digi16804 Christmas Carosel

 So, this is probably going to ruin a gift but I couldn't resist this idea!  My sister is a big carousel horse fan.  She has a large collection of figurines and even a large one my parents made for her.  So when I came across this image in the store I knew exactly what I was going to do.
I used my Cameo to cut out the horse and 2 pieces of matching chip board.  
I then pulled out my big shot (gasp, I had to dust her off a bit, lol) and used a die set I've had for ages, not even sure who made it.
I cut 2 pieces of chip board for the biggest piece along with 2 pieces of paper, the next layer is another chip board and paper piece, then just a piece of paper then another chipboard and paper piece for the smallest layer.
 I used my colored pencils and gamsol to blend.  I used a cream color for the shading on the horse and left most of her white of the paper.
I added lots of gems and pearls.  I love her! Very proud of my coloring on this one.
 This is the back, I love that paper stack, I've had it for several years and will be sad when it's gone.  There are such cute pieces in it.  This one was perfect for the back. I glued the string between the 2 base chipboard pieces to it's very secure.
Here's a little peak at the thickness.  It's a pretty sturdy piece.  It should hold up for a while.

This is the horse my parents decorated for my sister.  Isn't it amazing?  She's so lucky :)

I'll be adding this to the 12 month link up over at http://12monthsofchristmaslinkup.blogspot.ca/
and at http://crimbo-crackers.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

Sharon Smith said...

Gorgeous card hun. Thanks for sharing at 12 Months of Christmas Link Up xxx

Helen said...

Just beautiful - love all the bling you've added to it.

Thanks for joining us at the 12 Months of Christmas Link Up

Helen x