Sunday, February 21, 2016

Beautiful blankets

I have some more crochet projects to share with you today.  I'm addicted my husband says.  It just really feels good to be able to create something as gorgeous as these pieces are! (in my opinion)
I wish I had gone bigger on my blanket for my bed but to be honest I was sick of working on it.  A king size blanket is a huge undertaking.  My biggest issue in making blankets and throws is keeping the edges straight.  When I found this corner to corner pattern from The Crochet Crowd I knew I had to make one.  Those edges are pretty close to perfect! I love it!
I really love the yarn I chose too.  It's such a rich color scheme.

And for Valentine's day I made Emily a blanket for her baby doll's bed. I found the heart granny square pattern from The Crochet Crowd as well and just added my own edging on it to make it fit the bed.  She LOVES it! She said "it's perfect! Exactly what I would have designed myself" lol She cracks me up.  It was a fun surprise for her.

3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh wow! Those look awesome! The King size must have taken forever! But that sweet little doll baby bed one is super cute!!! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful work, bet it's lovely and cozy too.

Janis Lewis said...

I love to crochet, but I don't do it very often. This blanket is so pretty. I love it! I'll have to see if I can find that pattern. I love how it's an an angle. I've never created anything that's not scalloped or straight across. You should be very proud. It's amazing! You know you can use crochet projects for the PDE Linky Party link up's too.