Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunny birthday wishes

I made this for a friend who lives in Alaska! She had to have a great Florida card.
I got these sea horse dies recently along with the paper pad.  I LOVE this paper! It's just amazing, the colors and the patterns are gorgeous!


 For the seahorses, I wanted them each to be different, so I cut one from the paper, using contrasting patterns to show the details.  I ran the detailed piece through my little xyron to get adhesive on it. I didn't burnish it ensuring I had extra adhesive in the open spaces, I then covered that exposed sticky with glitter.  For the top left one, I used an adhesive sheet to cut the background solid piece and used tiny beads to fill in the open spaces.  For the blue one, I used that same adhesive sheet to cover all the open spaces with glitter, I then used my alcohol based markers to color in the areas.
I really love this technique. The colors blend so easily.
 For the inside, I used a photo I found online and printed my words. I then used a outline sticker shell on that same adhesive sheet and just used a tan marker to add some darker color.

I'm adding this to the 100th challenge at Cut it up! 

2 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Didn't know about the xyron technique, thanks for that. Your card is fabulous, it will cheer and make her happy I'm sure.
Faith
x

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! So PRETTY! Love it!

Theresa