Saturday, September 17, 2016

A little Sunshine

This is a sort of evolution of my crochet skills.  lol

I just finished this sunshine lovey blanket for my 2 year old great niece.  I made one for her new sister and she loves it, so I made this one in different colors and a little bigger for her to keep for herself.  Right now she's "sharing it with the baby".


 Isn't it pretty? I sure hope she loves it.

This is the one I made for our newest family member.  I cropped her face out as best I could for privacy.  I made hers in kind of a dusty rainbow, it looks desert like to me.

 This is the second one I ever made, this was a baby shower gift I made for my sister to give.
It is more the size of an actual lovey blanket. I still didn't have the pattern right.  I really like the primary rainbow on this and the bright yellow.

This is the very first one I made, cracks me up!  I didn't understand the pattern and couldn't figure out what I did wrong.  My daughter has this one, she uses it for her baby dolls and adores it. She's my biggest fan, I love it.  Everything I make is gorgeous to her, even the horrendous mistakes!
That is why it exists, she saw the blanket after I finished it and asked me to complete it for her baby doll.  I was going to rip it all out and start over, a cool thing about crochet, if you mess up, rip it out and start over, nothing lost but time.

I'm really proud of myself looking back at these photos.  It's funny how I got the sun right each time, but the blanket got better with each one.

No comments: