Saturday, March 4, 2017

Lighthouse blanket

I am thrilled to share this blanket with you today.  If you follow me on facebook you may have already seen this.
I was chosen by https://www.c2cgraphs.com/ to test this pattern.  This is my first test piece and biggest graph so far.

I made this for my mom for her birthday.  I got the graph on January 31st and finished it on February 21st.  Her birthday is the 24th!
The cool part of this (other than the actual pattern) is I only had to buy another skein of blue for the sky! I had all the rest in my stash, so it was a good stash buster.


I used the border idea from repeatcrafterme.com with her Gingerbread advent calendar. 
I added a third color to bring out the lighthouse colors and the light blue.

This is a picture of my 5'11" husband trying to hold it up for me to get a better photo!
It's a big and warm blanket!

2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

OMGOSH!! That turned out AMAZING!!! I LOVE the scene... and I bet your Mom just Flipped when she receive it... Beautiful work!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Daffodil Cards said...

WOWZER! what an incredible project and one I'm sure your Mum absolutely LOVED.
Faith
x