Monday, May 26, 2008

Happy Memorial Day

It has been a quiet and relaxing weekend. I have been thinking alot about Justin being in Iraq, all alone, and praying for his quick and safe return.
On Split Coast they did a Wish Rak Challenge, luckily it has kept me a little busy.
Check out my gallery here to see my additions.
I recieved the images of the flower in the card above through the Wish Rak. It is amazing. You make a list of stamp images you would like and people send them to you. (That is the simple explanation) I actually cased this card from someone on Split Coast. I changed it a bit. Check the card in my gallery for the full story and a link to the original card.
I love this set too. I might have to buy these two. I made this card from a practice piece I did at Cerinda's card class. Lori, one of the ladies there showed me the "secret" to perfect images. I think she is fabulous! Another Wish Rak of the Bloomin' Beautiful stamp set. The photo doesn't show it but the white paper is covered in dazzeling diamonds glitter. Very pretty. After coloring the flowers with markers I used a water brush to go over the entire image to blend the colors. While the paper was still wet, I turned it over and rubbed it with a roller ball embosser to puff up the image. It's a cool effect. I put foam tape under the flowers to keep them puffy and glued the rest of the image flat. Lavender blooms, this one is so pretty IRL. The purple paper is shimmery and the brads are glittered. I colored the image with colored pencils and blended with mineral spirits. The outline is done with a Copic marker. I need more of those for sure. Right now I only have 4-birthday hint! LOL

No comments: