Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Seaside Beauty

I have liked this stamp set since the new catalog came out this year from Stampin' Up. I finally got my hands on it and made the card I have been invisioning for almost 6 months.

It turned out just like I was picturing it in my head.

I stamped the large conch shell then masked it, I stamped the rest of the shells around it so it appears they are behind the main image. I colored the shells with chalks and cut a few out to pop up for interest.

I created a tag using the Nestabilities Scalloped rectangles (these are amazing tools, I want them all!) I used the same paper as the card front to keep it somewhat blended without taking the focus away from the shells. If you notice in the photo above, the ribbon is what makes you notice it.
I can say I am satisfied with how this turned out. It is exactly what I pictured. I can't say that very often. :)

I have made a new rule for myself to follow in card making; the reason being; I have two large boxes of scraps (12 by 12 and 4 inches deep) I gave one of them to my Daughter in law for her to get started stamping and decided I needed to limit the amount of scraps I accumilate.
SO, my rule is, if I cut into a new piece of 12 by 12 or 8 1/2 by 11 paper, I must use it all before I start a new project. I am finding I can get 2 to 4 cards using this technique.
Two bonus outcomes- more cards in one sitting and less scraps cluttering up my space.
So far it's working...it's only day 2.

This is a top opening gate fold card. You can see the opening space in the center of the card. The whale circles are only glued to the top half of the card, so when you open it the water paper covers the inside. I added glitter glue in squiggle lines to accentuate the sand.
Check out my gallery on SCS You can see the other set of cards that started my new rule. They are the red and pink ones using the Pun Fun set.

No comments: