Thursday, September 11, 2008

Sadest Day of my Life

I had to say goodbye to my precious old girl. Tigger passed away Tuesday night due to Kidney Failure. An infection was pretty rampant and she had a temperature of 105.5 (100-102 is normal). She had been lethargic and not eating for 2 days and we realized she wasn't getting better. We had to make a horrible decision and I hope I never have to do that again. I do have 4 babies at home that depend on me and it helps some. I just keep expecting to see her in her normal spots and I am still shocked when I don't see her. I took this picture right before we left the hospital. She had been given IV fluids to rehydrate her and bring her temperature down so her little arm is bandaged to cover the iv. I miss her terribly and it's really difficult to not think about her. She was 20 years and one month old and was the light of my life. I am so thankful to have had so much time with her. She brightened each and every day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what an ache you must have in your heart. Our first papillon had kidney failure and had to make that terrible decision also. She went to doggie heaven on her fifth birthday, almost 6 years ago and I still miss her terribly. Tigger had a loving home for 20 years and its amazing how their love will live on. At least she is is at peace and lucky your four other babies will make it a little easier. Take one day at a time. Take Care.
Emma S

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about Tigger Marji :(
I remember her well and remember how fond you were of her.
I know what your going through and sorry I can't give you a big hug of support right now.
Hope to see you soon and I'll be thinking of you during this time of grief.
Mike-

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. My cats are my family too, and it can be tough to move on. Give yourself time to grieve. And enjoy all the fun you had.

I've had to make a similar decision and I get teary each and every time I hear that someone else has made the same decision.

She was unique and will hold a special place in your heart where you can store those special memories of behavior that made her unique, and the joy and smiles she brought you.

It gets easier, but you loved her and missing her will always be a little sad.