Sunday, February 12, 2012

A little hint for storing the adorable twines we are all aquiring

My local scrapbook store closed, which is still a very sad thought for me, I loved the girls there and will miss them dearly.  But I got some amazing stuff during the closing sale.  Among this was a lot of twine.  I found some wooden spools online and that took care of the big lengths but I still had all of these colors that needed tending to.  The spirelli technique popped into my head along with embroidery floss card boards.  So I decided to create a combination of the two.

 I started with plain white card stock and cut the ovals 2 times the amount of colors I had the reason being I wanted the stability 2 pieces would provide.  So to start, I sandwiched the end between the two cut pieces.
 and began wrapping, and wrapping and wrapping
 and wrapping and wrapping...
at the end of the piece I used a small piece of clear tape to secure it.  
Thanks for looking, I hope I inspired you to  get that twine organized. 
P.S. do you LOVE my nail polish? it's this new gem line from sally hansen, I love it. The coverage is amazing, it's a clear base loaded with glitter, this is just 2 coats! Get some, you'll love it!

1 comment:

Court said...

Marji,
Thanks so much for folowing me! I am for newest follower as well! I do not have any twine, but I link I might do this with my friendship bracket string that I use for card making!
Court