Monday, January 7, 2013

Huge announcement

Drum roll please...........
I am THRILLED to share with you that I am a new design team member for Eureka Stamps!!
I have been a fan of these images for years and years, I have so many of them mounted on wood! lol yes, I've been stamping THAT long.

Eureka DT.jpg

So, to get on with it, lol, I am sharing with you my first card, for the first Challenge of the new year! The theme for this week is "Make is Sparkle"
EurekaChallenge-1.jpg

I chose to use this adorable star because, well, what says sparkle better?
I colored him in with my "Mark it" markers from Bic, (new love)
I love his expression, such joy and love :)

Inside the card I used the Happy Birthday, this is one I have in wood and have used it a million times! I love the simple font and the dots, I used to write like this sending notes to girl friends in high school, lol
I perked up the inside with some fun sparkle dots of my own and added the peach glitter paper.

I sprayed the whole image with glitter spray after I colored it and added some clear gem stars.  I just tied some simple twine to the front after layering the image on a muted green paper.

The front of the card is cut an inch shorter so the peach paper from inside shows through. I added a small strip to the front left of the card to add some balance.

I hope I've inspired you to join us in the challenge this week, click the challenge button above to head over and join up.
Please let me know what you think of my announcement and my card! You're what keeps me sharing :)
Happy New year!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to stop by and say a big WELCOME to the Eureka Stamps DT. I love the image you used and how you made it sparkle. Great job!