Sunday, June 16, 2013

Cast your line

Creative Kuts

Father's day is here!  I always want to do something really cool for my dad because he's so fabulous and he's crafty as well, but he uses wood and tools.

I'll stick with my paper, my luck I'd loose a digit...

So the wonderful Cheryl created this file for us for one of the BAP's.

I ran with it, perfect opportunity to make it great for my dad!

 We have a small tackle and bait shop near by, I went shopping.  They owner makes his own lures so they are really colorful and inexpensive.  I also picked up the bobber and float you see above.  
I had a picture of the finished box and showed him when I was checking out and he threw in the fish clip.
 For the inside, I cut a piece of brown with a yellow core, ran it through my swiss dots Embossing folder then lightly sanded the top.  Perfect peg board! HA! Love it!  I cut some extra fish hooks but smaller for the peg hooks.  I cut the top off as well.
 I tied the paper lures and floats and hung them on the hooks.  For the fish hook I tied it with fishing line and added one of the lures I bought.  There's also one on the orange lure.
 The other lures I bought I attached to the peg board with brads so he can easily take them off when he wants to use them, but knowing my dad, he won't take it apart. :)

This is what he will see when he first opens it, you can see I added some hook and loop to keep it closed.
 Cute right?

I hope he likes it!

This next card was a free BAP also, I love the easel cards so much so I'm loving all the new styles that are being designed!
 As you can see, I added an Iphone and some sunglasses in the pocket.
 How cool is this?! I love it!!

Thanks for stopping by today.  Remember, every Monday is a new free file over on face book with Creative Kuts, come play along!

3 comments:

Deleted 2014 said...

I am in love with the fishing tackle box. I am totally scraplifting this one.. Hope you do not mind. :)

Tess

Tammy said...

Aesome projects Marji

Tammy said...

Aesome projects Marji