Wednesday, April 30, 2014

New May flowers challenge with The Scrapbooking Queen



How fun is this image?  I just love her cutie mark!
You can get this image that I used on my card for free and you can play along with us.
The theme is May Flowers, and if you use the pony too then you get double entries for the contest.

For my card, I kept the base simple by just layering 3 different patterns to mimic the rain.  I printed her on 3 different papers, cut the umbrella and her tail bow from one, her body from the other then colored her main and the grass on the final one.  I used my gel pens to color her eye and cutie mark.  I love how they pop off of that purple paper. There is crystal effects on the umbrella and rain drops.

And for sticking around to day you get a bonus project (wink, wink)
 I was thrilled when Silhouette had their 50% off sale last month, lol, I went nuts and spent all of my subscription, I rarely spend it all in one month. 
This was one of the adorable new images I got.
It's supposed to hold a gift card but I used it as a get well for my grandmother.  She fell and broke her hip and is in rehab healing.
The paper is from Stampin Up, LOVE that gray, it's the best gray I've found, and it's nice and thick, perfect for the edges to sturdy up the designer paper.

1 comment:

Donna K said...

So adorable. I hope your Grandmother is on the mend...I'm sure this sweet card will help! PS...I have that paper and love it TOO!