Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Double easel desk calendar

I have been invited to be a designer for the Decorate to Celebrate challenge blog!!!!  I am thrilled to be part of their super talented team!
Decorate To Celebrate!

The theme is Anything goes, so be sure to link up with us!

Today I have a really cool (in my opinion) double easel card.
I found these little calendars at Dollar General and have been wanting to get them made up and sent out to some friends and finally came up with a cool idea for them.

I started with an 8 by 4 inch piece of paper, I then cut 2 4 by 4 square cards and the 4 by 4 tops for my cards.  I placed the cards opposite each other with the opening facing and the folded edge one on my left and the other on my right. This is how I placed my front panels to make sure they would sit right to determine the angle of the fold.
So you can see below, when the card is closed you can still read the panels as you can when they are open.
I mounted the calendar on 2 mats using foam tape between the mats.  This gives enough height for the card fronts to sit behind the calendar.


7 comments:

scraphappenswithrhonda said...

love your cards and so happy to have you as a new member of out design team. thank you and hugs

Vijaylaxmi Siyal said...

Beautiful card ..and happy to work along with you at DTC challenge blog!!

Scrapper69 said...

Oh wow! How creative & so COOL too! LOVE it!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Norma said...

Marji, we are thrilled in have you join our team and look forward to more of your lovely projects! I love your calander display.
Hugs,
Norma

phillymam37 said...

Awesome project Marji!! Glad we're on the same team!! Hugs from your fellow DT member, Elina

phillymam37 said...

Awesome project Marji!! Glad we're on the same team!! Hugs from your fellow DT member, Elina

Migdalia said...

A Gorgeous creation!!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M