Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Christmas crochet projects

We got to spend the holiday period in Kentucky at my sister's and with my parents.
Of course I had to take yarn with me, I feel lost if I miss a day with yarn in my hands.
I saw this scarf as I was scrolling one of my crochet groups and immediately had to go find Grinch green (because I had hunter green with me) and the right yellow for his eyes.  Nothing like buying 2 whole skeins for this small project.  lol
Anyway, I love him and enjoyed being able to wear him while we were up there.  It wasn't horribly cold but cold enough for a scarf!

I also needed some simple gifts for my grandmother and 2 Aunts who came over for dinner and a visit before Christmas.  I headed to the dollar tree store and picked up a box of shower curtain hooks.  I single crocheted around the ring then did a double crochet pattern as you see in the photo.
I then raided my sister's button stash (lucky she's a crafter too).  This is my own pattern, I made it up as I went along.  I also found some really pretty Christmas design towels that had glitter on them, perfect for a gift.

My sister saves her plastic shopping bags to hold her kitty litter waste, she mentioned she wanted me to make her a bag to hold them.  Well, I couldn't' just make her a simple one. Since the bag was holding kitty poop containers I had to make a kitty bag holder.
I found this pattern on Ravelry and it was free!
I am in the process of making myself one because we save our shopping bags for the same reason!
I'll post her when I'm done.


1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh WOW! Fantastic projects! I totally LOVE the Grinch scarf! So cool and that kitty looks amazing! You really rock with crocheting! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations