Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Granny square blanket

I'm not one to make New Year's Resolutions but this year I thought of one that I can follow...I hope
I am majorly A.D.D. when it comes to crafting and even more so when it comes to crocheting.

I was talking to my  mom and sister about how many projects I have in progress, so when I got home I decided to pull them all out and make a list of what I needed to finish.
Here is my list...
it's a little embarrassing to admit how scattered I can be.  This doesn't include the 80 or more squares I still have to catch up on from Yarn utopia's granny square a day challenge from last year.

Which brings me to my first project I crossed off my list! woohoo!!
I had most of the squares already stitched together so it was quick to finish.

Here are a few close ups so you can see how cool the squares are, each one is different.


This is the 3rd blanket I've finished using the squares I've made so far, I've still got a drawer full of random ones I made before I got smart and started using a color scheme.

After I posted the photo of my messy bun hat or pony tail hat, I was asked to make one for one of the kids in my daughter's home school group.
She's a pretty cool kid and totally rocks the messy bun,  The first time I saw her with her hair down I didn't recognize her! Seriously, this kid has amazing hair!
So, I pulled out  my super cool Panther Pink yarn that I bought with no clue as to why (God knew I'd need it)

 I hope she likes it and I can't wait to see it on her!

And no, this was not on  my list but since I finished one project on this list I allowed myself to start a new one that I knew I'd finish before putting it down.
So, see, I didn't break my resolution...yet

1 comment:

Scrapper69 said...

LOL! You're so silly! But WOW on that list! You are certainly Way behind! :) But as crafters I think we all are! hahaha - Your blanket is beautiful and that Bun hat is very cool! I'm sure she will love it - the colors are awesome for it! :) Have a great day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations