Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Beautiful mermaid

I came across this while looking through the Cricut access files.
When I saw her I had to make her right then, lol, I rarely do that, I usually save a file and then forget to make it.

I picked up some new DCWV paper stacks a few weeks ago and this is one of them.  The papers are soft and gorgeous with a little bit of foil here and there.

I hung her above my bath tub, pretty fitting I think.


I used a lot of foam tape between the layers so she's really dimensional.


She had to have a pearl earring.


While I was at it, I made an easel card using her as well, mainly to see if she would cut smaller.

As you can see, she did pretty well until I got to the scales on her tail.
I also gave her a pearl earring, but this cutie got real shells for decoration.  I also used the little coral cut outs to add some extra sparkle to the frame by covering them in glitter and beads.

She has lots of foam tape too, this will be shipped in a box...if I can part with her!

No comments: