Friday, December 6, 2013

Pretty dollar decor





Today I'm sharing a pretty and inexpensive project.  I saw this at a small diner we ate lunch in one day.

 What do you think?  Fancy right?  It's tons of glitter, so I love it!
 It needed something else I thought, so I added a fabric covered button with a cute similar bird on it.  I think it finishes it off perfectly!

Want to know how I made it?  Want to know what I used?
OK, OK, I'll tell you ;)
I went to the Dollar Tree, bought a round mirror, a tall vase and a small fish bowl.  I then went to Joann's and bought some flower picks.  
I put 2 of the green evergreen type boughs and the bird inside the vase and glued the open end to the mirror.  While the glue was wet I added some micro beads then silver glitter to cover completely.  I then glued the fish bowl base to the vase base. 
I used the faux snow in the bottom of the fish bowl then placed the floral elements.  I tied a craft boa around the joint of the two pieces then glued the button in place.
Simple and since the flower picks were half off, the whole project cost me around $5 not including the glue, beads, glitter and the fabric covered button because I had them here already.

1 comment:

Kimberly Pate | KP Kre8tions said...

Perfect for a holiday crafting project and adorning your table for the holiday season. Love all the glitter! Nice use of the PP button as well.

Kimberly