Saturday, January 4, 2014

3 Girl Jam~January Challenge and Announcement!


The challenge for this month is~Anything Goes, with ribbon
I made a fun keepsake ornament.  I used a svg file from Paper Piecings by Nikki
I cut him out in vinyl, layered him on the ornament then filled the ornament with sand and some shells I picked up from Casey Key beach the last time we were there.
The decor in my bathroom is sea shells, my father made shadow boxes that I filled with other beautiful shells I've collected from the trips to Casey Key, it's a great beach for great shells.
Back to my project, slight tangent, I used London Blue, Aqua Splash, and Coral Crush and the fabulous bow maker tool to create the fabulous bow for my keepsake.  I then looped and tied the Aqua blue and London blue for the hanger.  
Due to the weight of the sand I used hot glue on the wires in the lid to keep them from pulling out.  This will be so cute on my counter.
Thanks for stopping by, oh! I almost forgot my good news, see I start talking about shells and the beach and I just get lost...
I am a new design team member for 3 Girl Jam!!! Yup, super excited.  I've been hoarding a good size bunch of ribbon for over a year, I use it here and there and it always looks amazing, It is easy to tie, the colors are amazingly gorgeous and the prices are fantastic!
So I hope you will join me and the rest of our team and play along in the challenge, it lasts all month long so you've got time.

Now for the glitter on the card, I have a special code for you to use when you shop at 3 Girl Jam, use MF10 when you shop if you would, there is a contest between all of the designers to see who can bring the most traffic to the shop.  I want to win!! Now, ready? get set...shop!!!!



6 comments:

Georgiana said...

Cute beach ornament. Glad to be on the team with you!

Happy New Year,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •

Gaylynn said...

Congrats on your DT term. Love this unique ornament with all of the trimmings. Happy 2014. Cheers!!!

Donna K said...

Happy to be part of another "Team" with you sweet Marji! You are always so creative and inspiring with your variety of projects! This one is no different, just adorable!! xo

Karen (karey2005) said...

Great ornament! Looking forward to some fun on the 3GJ team!

Robin said...

That is too cute!! Congratulations on the new DT:) Sounds like Julie has some good ones on there!! Can't wait to see the great projects you all come up with using that fab crinkle ribbon. Love that stuff :D

Debbie Adams said...

Congrats on being a new DT member on 3Girl Jam. Your creations are awesome. :D Love your blog. And your little star ornament is adorable. :D
Deborah