Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Pinque Peacock beauty


I saw a similar project on Pinerest
I can not find it now of course...bad me
So here's what I did, I bought 2 pair of children's jean at good will. I looked for the ones with stains or tears so as not to take away a good pair of pants from a kid, lol, goofy maybe but that's what I did.
I bought a yard of lace, and a cork board.  I painted the frame white, attached the ribbon to the back with heavy duty staples and cut the jeans apart.
 While I had the paint out I used one of my CTMH stamps and inked it with the paint.
I used fabric glue to attach the lace to the pockets.
 I then glued my pockets in place and pulled out my pins and flowers and went to town.
 "Beading" I cut from vinyl
 The owl pin I made, the angel is from my friend Ana
 This is another pin I made and the flower is an SVG file
 This is a Pinque Peacock pin, top and center of course!
 There is a pin in the center that I made, the flower is another SVG file
I put one of the adorable Pinque Peacock candy bead pins on the left and the pin on the right is another one from my friend Ana
 I love the sets of beads that Joann's has, so beautiful and they match so I don't have to guess.  I loved these and waned them displayed so I made a few dangles.
I added my beading and wire tools to the pockets but I didn't like it, I also did it to test the strength, I used fabric glue to attach the denim to the board, I left the tools in the pockets for several days and not the slightest loosening!
Project success!! 

I want to share a project I made for a hop in case you missed it. I really like how this turned out!


 I covered a small notebook I found at the Dollar Tree, it's got lined paper inside, perfect for notes or a journal.
 This was offered by Unity during CHA as a bonus.  I colored it with pencils, I used my Cameo to cut and offset of the images.  The crochet flowers and the butterflies were colored by spraying them with alcohol then dripped reinkers directly on them. I let them dry over night then added them to the cover of the notebook.

 I also added some red bling to the image and pen then added a fun pearl beaded stick pin by Pinque Peacock.

 I'm so hooked on doing vinyl projects, this is something with my favorite file and one of the first I ever bought from Dina. (Treasure Box Designs)
 I know, he's not pink but I thought the colors that were in the finished sample were gorgeous so I tried to keep it the same.
 When I saw this cup at CVS I immediately knew it was for my proud guy!
 He blends right in like it was meant to be!!
 This is by far my favorite cup I've made for myself!! I also added gems to his feathers using E6000 glue.  
I had wash him so he doesn't peel or loose any gems.


Fun right?


5 comments:

Miranda said...

Awesome Projects!!!!
Miranda :)

scrapbookingforfun said...

Very creative and super cute projects Marji!!! Loved them all

An'Jenic G. said...

Such a beautiful note book. I love the unity flower and add PP pins used.

TFS An'Jenic-

Anonymous said...

WOW! This is ABSOLUTLEY Gorgeous!

ScrapYourWorld said...

fantastic job on this!!! I have that file, and LOVE IT!
paula